Brokers operate as the leaders of transportation, managing all aspects of the transaction. Negotiating prices, booking trucks to pick up and deliver loads. Brokers make their money on the margin the difference in price that your customer pays you minus what you pay a truck to perform those services. Customers pay this premium because you make their life easier and keep their business running smooth. SERVICE. SERVICE. SERVICE. Other personal strengths: Coachable, self-starter, Ability to multitask, Positive attitude, Hunter’s mentality with absolutely no hesitation about making cold calls. MUST be reliable to your clients, the company, and yourself. Must be comfortable on the phone, making COLD CALLS. Solicit new business daily to drive growth and your income. Operational duties include, new business development, dispatching drivers, rate quoting, negotiating, customer service. No territory restrictions, Relaxed attire.
- Book of Business
- 1-Year of Experience in Logistics
- Solicit new customers through cold calling other resources
- Be able to maintain a minimal profit margin each month depending on experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to negotiate rates with carriers & customers
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Be prompt and on time for scheduled work shift M-F 08:00/17:00
Full Time salary with Commission (Salary and commission based upon experience and book of business)
Benefits for a full-time employee include:
Paid vacation, national holidays, a shared medical/prescription and dental coverage program, LT and ST Disability, as well as a company provided life insurance policy. You will also have an opportunity to participate in a vision plan, AFLAC, and additional life insurance, our company 401K and FSA programs.
Send inquiries to: Ray.White@McLaneGlobal.com